J&S church project featured on Knoxville news

August 30, 2010

To view coverage, click here.

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) The First United Methodist Church of Madisonville has seen it's share of trouble. In December of 2007 their church caught fire. Alice Boyes, one of the churches oldest members, could see it burning from her home. "From the kitchen I saw the flames and saw it go up and I sat in the window and watched it burn not knowing it was the church," said Boyes. But Alice and other members of the church took part in a ground breaking ceremony Sunday for their new sanctuary. Turning dirt and ash that was left of the old building.

< Back to News